E3 2015 is finally upon us, and with it comes one of the most exciting weeks for gamers worldwide. It’s here, that we will learn what is in store for the rest of the year and beyond, and give us a first look at the games and tech that will shape the industry. The big names will be there, Halo, Call of Duty, Forza, Uncharted, and while these are all massive games with a ton of hype behind them, here are 10 more games we really hope to see more of at E3 2015
10) Lego Worlds – Minecraft has been one of gaming’s biggest success stories in its relatively short history, due in large part to how it takes many of the aspects we love about Lego and puts it into an awesome open world building game. It was only a matter of time before the company so near and dear to our childhoods decided to join the fray. Lego Worlds so far looks incredible, and has a ton of potential to be the next big thing.
9) Mass Effect 4 – It’s been quite a few years since the controversial ending that was Mass Effect 3, and with the next game confirmed to be well on its way, it’s time to finally pull back the curtain and give us a proper reveal. We want to see where exactly this new game takes place in the Mass Effect timeline, who the heroes and villains are, and when we can expect to get our hands on the finished product!
8) Star Wars: Battlefront – Ever since the tease at least years E3, fans of the battlefront series have been frothing at the mouth for more details on DICE’s long awaited entry, and we expect the doors to be blown wide open at E3 2015. Having already given us a look at this years Star Wars Celebration, gaming and Star Wars fans alike want to know as much as possible before the games Nov 2015 release.
7) Tom Clancy’s “The Division” – The Division has had an impressive presence the last few years at E3, but for the most part the game still remains shrouded in secrecy. We expect developer Ubisoft to really come out guns blazing this year, giving us a firm release date, brand new information and maybe even hands on time for lucky fans on the show floor.
6) Guitar Hero: Live – Following its reveal earlier in the year, we can’t wait to see more from this new, live action take on the classic musical party game, with a full songlist reveal, more in-depth look at the guitar and venues, and possibly some form of VR headset capabilities? The last part seems like a pipe dream, but a wanna be rockstar can dream!
5) Fallout 4 – Yes, its real, and it looks GLORIOUS!, We have only seen a small tease for this long overdue next installment, and we absolutely can’t wait to really dig in and go over the new screens, trailers and info with a fine tooth comb. Expect developer Bethesda to come out swinging ahead of its rumoured Oct 2015 release date.
4) Just Cause 3 – Just Cause 2 is one of my favourite games of all time, and the most fun I’ve had in a massive open world game, so expect Just Cause 3 to turn things up to 11 and really deliver on the crazy vehicle stunts and massive destruction. I am really excited to see more of this game, so hopefully developer Square Enix gives this game plenty of time to shine.
3) No Man’s Sky – One of the most ambitious and anticipated games in recent memory, No Man’s Sky has shown up the last few years at E3, all while remaining cryptic about what exactly the premise of the game is, and any kind of concrete release date. It stands to reason then, that E3 2015 will be the time to go all out and really give fans something to be excited about.
2) Ark: Survival Evolved – What do you get when you mix Jurassic Park and Far Cry 4? A totally badass looking open world survival game headed to the PC and PS4. This game kind of came out of left field, but the premise of jumping online with friends and riding dinosaurs is too good to pass up, and sounds almost too good to be true. With rumoured support for the PS4 VR headset “Project Morpheus”, Ark: Survival Evolved is high on my list of games to keep an eye on at E3 2015.
1) NHL 16 – Come on… we’re Canadian, and the NHL playoffs are almost over, which means we are going to need our hockey fix. NHL 16 has much work to do in order to win back fans after last year’s debacle, but so far all signs point to NHL 16 being a fantastic and authentic hockey game, which is exactly what us folk up here in the great white north love!
What do you think of our list? What games are YOU looking forward to seeing at E3 2015? Let us know in the comments, on our facebook page or Twitter!